Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Electrical Install



living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com
I'm meeting with the electrician at 11:30 to work out a deal for the cabling and installation. He has quoted me a price just for labor and a price for labor and materials. I think I will buy the materials as I can shop around and get a better price. He lives in Allende and would probably buy his material there. I already priced the cable in both Monterrey and Allende. For 100 meters the difference is about 50 dollars, multiply that by 3 sets and that is a small savings. I won't be going out of my way to purchase the materials either. Let's see what he says. I will report back this afternoon.

I took the photo above this morning coming from the Plaza Purisima. The monument is of Diego Montemayor who founded Monterrey over 450 years ago. I wonder what he say when he came? Surely not what's on the hill in the picture :) But, it was a beautiful shot of the mountains so I thought I would pass it on.

What does "courtesy" really mean? Question of the day! Enjoy!


I met with René the electrician. A very nice guy who I thought was much older talking to him on the phone. We went over the install, made a list of materials and decided to go with an aluminum cable gauge #2. This particular cable comes already wrapped with all three cables together. He is installing a register halfway down the side of the lot for future use. I am waiting for a call back around 8 p.m. to see if he is starting tomorrow. I am really excited as we can power up everything without the generator. Also, I am going to have him check out the electric water heater. It works on gas but nothing happens on AC. Also, I am still working with Dometic as the refrigerator in the Keystone Hornet is part of the recall. They seem reluctant to send a repair kit when there is no rv dealer to install it. If anyone has any information on this please let me know. I have been told by Dometic not to use the refrigerator on either electric or LP until the recall fix has been completed. Here is the post for the meter that divides the lots and in the background you can see the trench where the cable will be laid.

You may not be able to see it, but I can see the new gate, the ranch style fence, driveway and deck that will be built soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment