Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Missy Goes In For Surgery

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com


The time finally came for Missy. As I told you before, it turned out Missy wasn't really who I thought she was. She was he. Missy is now 3 1/2 months old and time for fixing. I have had the good fortune that he hasn't marked anything in the last two months and the house is virtually free of marking. I didn't want to stretch my luck and he is getting really fiesty.

Today he went to the vet and will remain there overnight. I go to pick him up tomorrow afternoon.

A Run For Their Money

Since the march, Iluminemos Mexico, the police have been very active. Many kidnappers as well as drug cartel big shots have been arrested or killed. All of the gang involved in the kidnap and murder of Fernando Martí have been captured.

As I was recently told, Mexican police have the training, capacity and equipment. They lack the will to do the job. This is changing and I think we are on the road to somewhere better. We are now on day 83 of the "cien dias" to see change in the government and its laws regarding public security. Let's hope these recent events continue.

Increase In Tourism

With all the "bad" news going around, tourism has not seen a decline, at least in major Mexican tourism destinations. Cancun, Cozumel, Mazatlan and Los Cabos have seen some steep increases in passenger traffic in the month of August. Two major contributors; August is tradionally a heavy traffic month, and Europeans have taken the Americas by storm with the ever weakening dollar.

So not all is bad. I personally believe that the greater increase in tourism leads to a decrease in crime overall. JMTC






No comments:

Post a Comment