Monday, September 22, 2008

Sunday Carne Asada

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Wow, am I a lazy guy. Yesterday I did absolutely nothing. I watched quite a bit of news about the recession in the U.S. and the 700 Billion dollar bailout. It can't get much worse than that.

I also saw an excellent interview on CNN with the ex-prime minister and now mentor minister of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew. He is a very interesting person with some straightforward opinions on Asia as well as world politics. When asked about democracy he said, "show me a country that the U.S. has invaded with the intent of installing a democratic government and afterward turned to democracy, none. His take on Iraq was not a shocker. He agreed it was good to take Saddam out of power, but that in the end, all the money, troops, machinery, deaths will only result in the split up of Iraq into three separate territories. The Middle East is not a democratic culture. He went on to say that in Afghanistan the warring tribes enjoy their battles as they have for centuries and that it will continue for a couple of hundred more. That is why they are called warring tribes. Smart guy.

I drove down to Allende in the Durango. The truck is really growing on me. The highway from Santiago to Allende is curvy and winding. I set the cruise control on 80 kms and listened to a Chris Botte CD. It was a beautiful drive. The weather here is heading into fall and I am loving it.

In the afternoon I fired up the hibachi and we had a couple of steaks. Delicious, but that is my fill of beef for the month. I woke up this morning and felt like mooing and grazing on the grass in the front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment