Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I Had That Feeling Today

 
It was great!  I had to run some errands in Monterrey today.  I went all over the place and whether it was just coincidence or what, I ran into a bunch of people I haven't seen for a couple of years.   One here, one there.   Who would think in a city of almost 5 million people.
 
Anyway,  as I went about my business visiting the cardiologist and dermatologist to make appointments before we take off on our trip,  I went to visit my old account who caught me up on things.   As I went from place to place there was something special going on.  It seemed as if we had gone back four or five years.  People seemed to be happier and more carefree.  
 
That fear that we had had for so long seems to be dissipating, finding its way back to where it came from.   Everyone is out doing their thing, so much in fact, it reminds me of years back when we didn't worry much about locking our doors, who our neighbor was and if it was safe to go out at night.
 
In fact, a sad side note, drunk driving has increased which is a sign more people are staying out later at night, going to antros and nightclubs, dancing the night away.   Just like old times.   Either we have come to accept our condition or just maybe that condition is changing.   Even rvers seem to be coming down in bigger numbers than the last three years, another indicator.
 
With the change in laws for Colorado and Washington, Mexico City and our illustrious politicians are abuzz about the news and the positive impact it could have on Mexico and all the violence that has been going on.   Let's hope so.   A day doesn't go by that I don't think about it.  
 
We are scheduled to take off for McAllen next week, probably around Tuesday.  Can't wait to get the rv back in Mexico and down the road to Jalisco.   We will be stopping in Matehuala,  Guadalcazar, San Miguel de Allende and then into Hacienda.  Nice and slow, no more rushing.

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful to catch even a glimpse of those days past. Lets' hope it is back for good. Everyone says things are picking up in Mazatlan tourism in general and also re RVers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, glad things are looking postive. Can't wait to see you both down here at Hacienda.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the change because of the the upcoming Presidential change? Sure hope it is a tread that will continue as I don't have a lot of hope for the USA. Would mean we would be spending more time in Mexico!!!!!

    rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to add, YAHOOO!!! after spending more time in Mexico, LOL!

    rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news Chris! We are looking forward to crossing the border. I hope the solar panel arrives on time, I just hate waiting for stuff at the last minute!

    It rained on and off here in Bakersfield all night. I need some sunshine!

    ReplyDelete