Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mexican Dentists

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Today I was scheduled for a cleaning and checkup. I went to visit my dentist Adrian. He is your typical Mexican dentist. He has his office (consultorio) in a neighborhood and he caters to the people who lives there. He also has a technician who helps him in his laboratory. He makes dental pieces for other dentists and the university. He also teaches several classes there. I have watched him grow over the years as a dentist. His office is equipped with the latest in dental technology including a computer that shows you what he is doing and what the problems are. Today he cleaned my teeth for 250 pesos, less than 25 dollars. He discovered a resin filling that had cracked and decay was underway. So he decided to change it out. Wow, that was another 300 pesos and the tooth is as good as new. He will be replacing my removable bridge with a better product. The one I have now cracked and was done at another clinic that was recommending an implant. Adrian says implants are "iffy" and can have problems later on depending on the bone density. That is my problem, I have lost some bone tissue. He says better to use a removable Valplast product for now and we can always do the implant later.The heat here in Monterrey continues to be in the 100s. Hot is hot and the pool isn't as refreshing as it was. Looks like I need a weekend mountain getaway!

All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten: And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.

No comments:

Post a Comment