Monday, June 16, 2008

Muere El Oso - The Little Bear Died


Sorry to report, but our little bear died Saturday night. If you remember, he had come down from the mountains looking for food and he was roped by some construction workers. The bear was taken in for treatment but didn't survive. The criminal was jailed and released on bond yesterday. He faces up to 12 years in prison and/or a fine of 2 million pesos.

My personal opinion, the guy shouldn't go to jail. It was ignorance on his part and lack of formal education. For these guys animals are put here to serve and most times abuse. What I would like to see is a formal apology and community service in the forest service doing something positive. Prison would make this ignorant guy an evil guy and not serve the community in anyway.

This morning I drove down to Allende (17 miles south from Los Cavazos) and stopped in to see my friends at the CFE. !Que decepción! I had gone Saturday to the new quinta only to discover that the meter had not been installed. Today they said it is pre-assigned and ready for installation this afternoon. I have the 071 number to call but I wanted to go in person. Better results. Let's see what happens.You may not be able to read the sign, but it is the entrance to Allende on the highway. The sign says, "Allende Es Tu Casa", and they mean it. Nicest people in the world. Everyone waves (better put I wave at everyone ;)) and they always say hello. Below the sign is a speed check sign to let you know your speed limit. This is a 50km per hour zone on the Hwy85 and about 500 meters further up is a speed trap. They have cones up so it isn't a big surprise.

All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum

Have you ever read this book? It is a wonderful tool that I have used for many years in my work giving seminars and conferences.

There is quite a list of things that one learns in kindergarten that gives you the basics for life. I think I'll post a new one everyday this wee and next:

Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.




No comments:

Post a Comment