Thursday, September 26, 2013

Back In McAllen (and closer to home)

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com



Woke up at 5:45 this morning and after a couple of cups of coffee and a quick breakfast I took off for Seguin.  I had 110 students in the course.  Good kids, most live on farms in the area.  Much different than inner city schools.  I actually enjoyed myself.

The only downside was the hours.  I finished at 3:30 and got out of Seguin by 4:30.   Uneventful trip home except for the fact that I had the opportunity to listen to NPR radio almost all the way.  Quite a few boneheads on the road weaving off and on as they check their cell phones.  I stopped for a cup of coffee about midway and made it back here to La Feria at 9 p.m.  

A long day but a good one.   Tomorrow I am moving from La Feria to Alamo taking advantage of another monthly special but it also puts me closer to McAllen where I will have four trips out of the airport there in October.   This will be a good chance to see if we like the Alamo park better.  La Feria is nice but it is far from the Hidalgo bridge we prefer to cross at as well more services and better supermarkets and flea markets.

Nice to be back here close to the border.


1 comment:

  1. We think this is odd. Several blogs we visit suddenly have some sort of “sitemeter” which apparently counts visitors. When we go on these blogs we have to click to cancel out of having info from this “sitemeter” on our computer. It is getting to be annoying to have to click out of this thing every time we visit a blog. Where did this suddenly come from and why do so many blogs seem to have it? Is it on our blog too? We do not want it. And we do not want to have to opt out of it every time we visit a blog. Does anyone know of a way to permanently opt out of it? This seems quite annoying………….B

    ReplyDelete