Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Park Is Empty


I'm now at the Casa deValle Rv Park in San Juan just minutes from McAllen.  The park is still empty waiting for the snowbirds.  There are some fulltimers here but they stay inside.  It is pretty hot now, about 32C.   I have the A/C on too, it's just too darn hot and humid.   I keep it off at night using a fan because it makes too much noise.  Of course, a typical rv park doesn't have a lot of trees.   I know big rigs don't like them but it could be worked out.  Oh the beauty of of boondocking.  It is a very nice park, very well-organized, manicured and perfect for a winter escape from the cold.   But not my kind of place.   

 

It was a pretty rough week and I got home late Thursday night to McAllen.  Yesterday I waited until 2 p.m. to pull out of La Feria waiting on FedX to deliver my new SIM card which upon receipt solved my problems immediately.   So here I am, got settled in yesterday afternoon and did a little grocery shopping.   I like to drink agua mineral or club soda once in awhile instead of soda.   I found club soda at Wally World for 64 cents a liter.   Came home and made a pot of chili for dinner and relaxed.   I went to bed at 10:15 last night and overslept until 6:15 this morning.

I had a great cup of coffee, read the news on line and headed off for the gym.   Nice setup but like all snowbird parks, too many petty rules, common sense type of stuff.  You would think by the time your eighty years old you know where to put the trash and turn the lights off.   

I treated myself to a Tex-Mex breakfast taco (are you listening Bill and Sharon) and it was so good with another cup of coffee.   I started my laundry and finished the trim I took off the bathroom wall, redid the plastic on the storm door because it was dirty and the velcro came off.   Fixed that and took materials back to our office here in McAllen.  It's really a storage place in Edinburg.  I was going to go to La Feria for a haircut but it was almost noon and I wasn't sure the lady would be here.   

Later this evening I'm going to take a walk around the rv park.   Tomorrow is Sunday and I am going to the gym.  However, no talking at the gym on Sunday morning.   Church service is going on next door, be very very quiet! 

2 comments:

  1. So you got moved over on your own and set up. Well done. You do sound like the energizer Bunny with all you accomplish before noon. You will like the gym here ( no Sunday Service next door ) when you come and the sauna, the hot tubs and pools etc. Hmmm better remember to get you out to see the sights. Right now I would do anything to have 32C rather than 13C and rain showers.

    ReplyDelete