Monday, August 4, 2008

Patty and The Pool

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

I waited until 11 a.m. this morning for the workers to show up. I gave them a scolding and told them to get their butts in gear. And they did.

After that I took off on the bus for the mechanic to get Patty. He was able to modify the sensor enough to make everyone happy. I drove her all day and no major trouble. I came home to check on the workers and they were nearly finished.

Then the trouble began. We bought the 40 foot Hornet for the land in Allende. Then we found out that the two-door refrigerator was part of the Dometic recall. I had tried in May to open a report with Dometic but got cut off several times. I was using Skype which in almost all cases has been very good service. Like most things, when you need it most it doesn't work so well. So this time I was on the line for over an hour. Good thing, Skype only charges .02 cents per minute. Well, what do you think happened. They insisted on finding an RV dealer near Monterrey even after I told them the RV was up on blocks and had a deck around it. Okay, I lied a little but it can't be moved much less I have no way to get it to a dealer in the U.S. much less move it. So we agreed that I need to find a repairman who can call the Dometic hotline and give his name and address and they will send the parts. Wow, what a bunch of b.s. I guess I could call and say my name is Juan Perez and they would ship the parts. It needs to be done so I guess I won't buck the system.

The pool is now grouted and ready to be filled. Great, it has been over 100 degrees for the last week and it looks like it will persist unless the new hurricane heading towards Louisiana dumps some rain on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment